WSI and it’s partners have been involved in Private Sector Participation (PSP) for delivery of water services for the last 30 years. From the first ever BOOT project in sewage treatment in Puerto Vallarta in 1994 to the latest State of the Art STP BOT project in Qatar in 2020, WSI’s Partners have the knowledge and experience to guide and advice both the public and the private sector on how to successfully develop and implement these projects.
We provide technical, commercial, financial and, if required, third party legal services to offer a comprehensive package of PPP services.
OUR PPP TEAM OF EXPERTS
Khurram Shahid, MSc., FIWEM, C.Eng.
Khurram has been an advocate of PSP even before UK water privatisation in 1989. As part of the Anglian Water family in the UK, Khurram gained first-hand experience of the water privatization. Since 1994 Khurram has been involved in several PSP initiatives for water and wastewater treatment projects worldwide, mostly concessions or BOOT. More recently he has been providing technical and commercial advice to project developers for desalination, IWP and ISTP projects in Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar.
Barry Wood, MBA, BSc. MICE, C.Eng.
Barry has been involved in PSP and PFI projects in the UK and overseas since 1990s. His sphere of experience encompasses not only water but also energy and rail sectors. Barry’s expertise in PSP covers project development and advisory services for infrastructure projects financed on a non-recourse basis.
Rupert Bruce, BSc. C Eng. FICE, MCMI
Rupert is one of UK’s leading Project Finance Experts. He specializes in strategic advice on infrastructure investment, project funding , procurement, and corporate financial management. Rupert has held senior positions in prominent UK construction companies such as Mowlem, Birse, Balfour Beatty and Trafalgar House. He specialises in non-recourse project financing for significant PFI infrastructure projects.
PSP and PPP projects in which WSI Team has been involved include:
- Water Supply Concession for Batam Islands, Indonesia (PSP)
- Antofagasta Wastewater Re-use BOOT, Chile (PSP)
- Subic Bay Water and Wastewater Concession, Philippines (PSP)
- Tripur BOOT for WWTP, India
- Privatization initiative of Karachi Water and Sewerage Board (KWSB), Pakistan
- Privatization initiative of Lahore Water and Sanitation Authority (WASA), Pakistan
- STP project for Dead Sea Resorts for Water Authority, Jordan (BOOT)
- Thames Tideway Tunnel Project for Thames Water, UK (PFI)
- Allenby Connaught Project for British Army (PPP), UK (PFI)
- Central Manchester Hospital Project (PPP), UK (PFI)
- Holdfast SPV, a 30 year PPP for training with UK Ministry of Defence, UK
- Equion SPV for PPP with Greater Manchester Police Authority for 16 police stations, UK
- RO Desalination Plant at Sohar, Oman (PFI)
- Effluent Treatment and Recycling Plant at Sohar, Oman (PFI)
- Yanbu IWP Desalination, Saudi Arabia
- Taweelah IWP Desalination, Saudi Arabia
- Al Warka and Al Wukair ISTP, Qatar