Water solutions international (WSI)
Water Solutions International Limited (WSI) was established to provide sustainable and viable technical and financial solutions to many of the issues currently facing the Water Industry. WSI’s main focus is the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region where traditional oil-based economies must diversify and use water more efficiently. Private Sector can bring commercial and technical advantages in delivering water services to these diversifying economies and hence the drive towards Private Sector Participation (PSP). WSI, through its shareholders and partners have been involved in providing water solutions including PSP for the last 40 years.
Our other focus is the Commonwealth of the Independent States (CIS) where water infrastructure needs to be upgraded and treatment facilities updated to bring up to international standards. Here, multilateral donor agencies are mostly adopting traditional ways of procurement but executing authorities need support and capacity building. WSI can offer innovative solutions for upgradation and modernization of treatment plants with novel ways of making such investments feasible for often cash strapped public service providers.
Our expertise covers the whole spectrum of the Water Cycle – from conceptual design to delivery of efficient water supply and wastewater treatment services. WSI offers a range of consultancy services to water utilities, developers, water operators and contractors:
- Services to both the Public and the Private Sector on Public-Private Partnership initiatives.
- Pre-feasibility studies including techno-commercial optioneering for Water Service Providers.
- Feasibility studies with optimal technical solutions and financial modeling for Project Developers.
- Process design services for water, wastewater and sludge treatment for EPC Contractors.
- Process and plant design optimization and control for Operators and Contractors.
- Independent design verification / technology evaluation for End Users and Developers.
- Water footprint management including Water reuse and wastewater recycling strategies for Water Services Providers.
- Regulatory compliance strategies for Water Utilities.
- Risk assessment studies for EPC Contractors, Developers and End Users.
- Sludge treatment and disposal strategies for EPC Contractors and End Users.
- Project Management Services including contract formulation, preparation of bid documents, bid evaluation, construction supervision, and commissioning for End Users and Water Services Providers.
- Institutional development, capacity building and training for End Users and Water Services Providers.
- Training in water and wastewater treatment, management, and O&M for Contractors, Operators.